Carrot Cake by Niamh Lambert
- 150g Butter
- 250g Carrots
- 200g Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g Self Raising flour
- 2 Tea Spoons of Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tea Spoons of Baking Powder
- 75g Walnuts (optional)
- 2 Table Spoons of Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 200g Cream Cheese (Philadelphia)
- 50g icing Sugar
- 1 Table Spoon Lemon Juice
- Half a Tea Spoon of Vanilla Extract or Essence
- Turn on Oven to 180 Degrees C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4
- Grease & Line Tin with Parchment Paper – Tin measurements 30 x 23cm \ 11 x 7 inches
- Peel & Grate carrots
- Melt Butter in a Saucepan
- In a Separate Bowl – Break Eggs into a Bowl & beat them
Stir in carrots & sugar to egg Mixture
- In another Bowl , Sieve Flour , Cinnamon & Baking Powder
- add butter & Egg Mixture & Milk to Flour mixture (& Walnuts, if required)
- Put The Mixture into the Greased Tin
- Bake for 45 Minutes, Leave to Cool for 10 Minutes in Tin .
- Turn onto Wire Tray & Leave to cool down.
- Sieve Icing Sugar into a Bowl, Add the Cheese, Lemon Juice & Vanilla & Beat well.
- When cake is Cold, Smooth onto Cake.
- Cut into squares & Serve
1 x 28 x 18cm Tin \ Parchment Paper \ Kitchen Paper \ Potato Peeler \ Kenwood Food Processor to grate Carrot \ Sauce Pan \ large Mixing Bowl \ Wire Tray \ Spatula \ Spoons \Fork .