Quick & Easy Chocolate Fondant Recipe
Serves: 6 (6x 6cm pudding moulds)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Dark chocolate 250g(minimum 63% cocoa solids)
- Butter 150g
- Eggs 4
- Sugar 125g
- Flour 60g
- Lightly butter and flour the moulds, then chill in the fridge until needed.
- Place the butter and chocolate into a heat-proof basin.
- Place some water into a saucepan and place the basin on top. The water shouldn’t touch the base.
- Heat the saucepan and bring the water to a simmer.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, stirring all the time.
- Attach the whisk attachment to the Kenwood Food Processor.
- Put the eggs and sugar into the bowl, set the speed to 2 and whisk until pale.
- Take the whisk out and fit the knife blade.
- Reduce the speed to 1 and with the machine running add the chocolate and butter mixture, then add the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared moulds – the mixture should come three-quarters of the way up the sides.
- To finish, bake for 8 to 9 minutes in a preheated oven set at 200ºC. After cooking, allow the moulds to stand for 2 minutes, then turn over and serve.
Serve with Berries and ice-cream to compliment the chocolate flavours.
Tip: This recipe can be prepared the day before and stored in the refrigerator until ready to cook, if you do this, remember that the mixture will not be at room temperature so extra cooking time will be required.