Quick and easy Coffee Cake, impress family and friends with this delicious recipe that requires minimal effort!
Makes: 1 X 23cm (9 Inch) Cake
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 Minutes
Tools: K Beater
- 115g (4oz) butter, melted
- 115g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5ml (1 tsp) almond essence
- 15ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- 150g (5oz) natural yogurt
- 225g (8oz) plain flour
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 50g (2oz) walnut pieces
- 45ml (3 tbsp) raspberry preserve
- 15ml (1 tbsp) demerara sugar
- 75g (3oz) walnut halves
- 1 tbsp instant coffee (add more if you like it strong) dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm (9 inch) loose-bottomed round cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Place the melted butter and sugar in the Kenwood Bowl, set the timer for 5 minutes and using the K Beater on speed 2 beat the mixture until it is pale and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, almond essence, coffee, lemon juice and yogurt until thoroughly combined.
- Using the K Beater at minimum speed mix in the flour, salt, baking powder and walnut pieces. Place half the cake mixture in the prepared tin. Spoon over the raspberry preserve and top with the remaining cake mix.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top and decorate with the walnut halves. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes then turn out on to a wire rack to cool.