This is a great recipe to use up spare or left-over vegetables, also works well with left over bacon or chicken. Add a few chopped tomatoes or frozen peas to make it more colourful and adding extra vegetables that appeal to children. Super handy and quick super or lunch, it can even be served hot or cold so it wont go to waste!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 large onion
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 60g grated cheddar cheese
- Put the onion, pepper and garlic into the blender jug and chop using the coarse chop program.
- Heat half of the oil in a medium frying pan and add the chopped vegetables, cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the oil and add the parsley and eggs, as soon as the eggs begin to set around the edges, loosen it a little with a fish slice or palette knife. Continue to cook over a low heat for about 8 minutes until the egg has almost set. Meanwhile heat the grill.
- Scatter over the cheese and place the pan under the grill for about 2 minutes to melt the cheese and turn golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or cold.