Quick & Easy Homemade Burgers Recipe
Preparation time 10-15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 1kg/2lb 3oz shin of beef or Minced beef
- 2 medium red onions
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 small pinch of cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the onions into the Kenwood Food Processor with blade and process until finely chopped. Remove and place into a bowl and then make the breadcrumbs in the same way.
- Mince the beef into the mixer bowl using the coarse screen. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 230C/ 450F/gas 8. Mix and scrunch all the ingredients together. Use the breadcrumbs as required to bind and lighten the mixture.
- Divide into 6 or 8, then gently and lightly mould and pack each burger together into a smallish cricket-ball-sized shape and place onto a baking sheet.
- Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes, so that the middle is slightly pink and the outsides nice and crispy.
- Serve with a griddled bun, a little salad, some gherkins, cheese, tomato relish – options are endless really!
- Cook fries in an Air fryer and sprinkle with chip seasoning.