Quick & easy Piquant Garlic Prawns Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes plus marinating
Cooking Time: 4-5 minutes
- 30 large raw prawn tails
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve, optional
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tail end attached. Using a sharp knife, make a shallow cut along the outer curve from the tail to the head and remove the dark thread. Rinse under cold running water and dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Place the garlic, chilli and lemon juice in the Kenwood Food Processor and process until the garlic and chilli are finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow dish. Add the olive oil and prawns and toss together to coat.
- Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or longer, if time allows. Meanwhile place the parsley in the Kenwood Food Processor and process to chop.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until hot, add the prawns and marinade and cook very quickly, stirring all the time, for about 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns turn from grey to pink. Sprinkle over the parsley and serve immediately, with crusty bread, if wished.