Garmin Approach S20 Golf Watch
- Get all information you need for your next shot from an easy to understand graphical user interface
- AutoShot™ game tracker automatically tracks shots3 along the fairway
- Get better guidance during your approach with distances to hazards, doglegs and layups
- CourseView feature automatically updates frequently played courses for free
- Combines sporty design with activity tracking and smart notification¹
- Up to 15h of golf per charge in full GPS mode
Garmin Approach S20 is a sleek and lightweight GPS golf watch that provides more convenience on the course with distances on over 40,000 preloaded courses including hazards plus Green View and the new Garmin AutoShot™ game tracker for detailed game analysis on Garmin Connect™. The watch also doubles as an activity tracker¹ and provides smart notifications² to connect you with your active lifestyle.
Garmin Approach S20 knows on which golf course you are — and how far you are from the next green. The watch’s high-sensitivity GPS receiver gives you the distance data you need to fire away with confidence. On the high-resolution display, you’ll see distances to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as hazards, doglegs and layups.
AutoShot™ game tracker automatically tracks shots3 along the fairway and measures distances for post-round analysis on Garmin Connect.
Your Approach S20 features a long-running lithium-ion battery to carry you through long rounds or those extra holes. You can easily get in a whole weekend of golf with up to 15 hours in full GPS mode before the battery needs to be recharged. For daily use in activity tracking mode, you can expect the battery to go up to 8 weeks between recharges.
Garmin Connect is the online golf community that gets you great post-round analysis. Automatically download your round and contrast it to your last round; track improvements to your game for every course you play. The Garmin Connect golf community can even assemble your ideal round, combining your best score for each hole to show you your true potential for each course.
The Green View feature on your Approach S20 shows you the true shape and layout of the green. You can manually reposition the pin to today’s location for accurate distances to the hole.
Approach S20 easily keeps track of your score throughout your round. When you’re done, you can save, review and even use the Garmin Connect™ Mobile fitness app with your smartphone to upload and share that great round with your golfing buddies online.
Never miss another important text, email or alert during a round, Approach S20 is a smart watch that acts as a wireless extension of your compatible smart phone, displaying smart notifications, right on your watch2. Now, via Bluetooth® technology, you can read that email or text you’ve been waiting for — even in the middle of the fairway. Approach S20 also provides a great new way to train your swing together with the optional Garmin TruSwing™, it can pair to the sensor for immediate display of core swing metrics on the watch – no smart phone or tablet needed. S20 and TruSwing™ make swing intelligence like face to target, club path and swing speed available to check right from your wrist.
As a bonus, the handsomely styled Approach S20 golf watch even tells you the time, so you can wear it as your everyday watch. Durable and water-rated to 5 ATM (50 meters), Approach S20 also features a built-in activity tracker with prompts to help keep you moving toward a healthier lifestyle. And for those who like to walk, there’s a built-in odometer to help keep track of how much ground you’ve covered.
- Size – 37.4 x 47.6 x 11.3 mm
- Weight – 42.2 g
- Water rating – 5 ATM
- Battery life – up to 8 weeks (activity mode); up to 15 hours (GPS mode)
- Memory/history – 64 MB
- GPS time sync
- Automatic daylight saving time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Connectivity – Bluetooth® Smart and ANT+®
- Smart notifications
- Smartphone compatibility – iPhone®, Android™
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
Activity tracking features
- Step counter
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Calories burned
- Distance travelled
- Preloaded with 41,000 courses worldwide
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Digital scorecard
- Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
- Garmin AutoShot™
- Auto CourseView updates
- Green View with manual pin position
- Hazards and course targets
- TruSwing™ compatible – Swing Tempo | Swing Speed | Face to Target | Dynamic Loft | Shaft Angle | Club Path | Club Path Co-ordinates | Shaft Lean
- Round timer/odometer
¹Activity tracking accuracy ²When paired with a compatible smartphone ³Lie and ball contact may affect shot tracking. Putts are not tracked. Some shots, particularly chip shots around the green, may not be tracked.